May 18, 2018
As the summer season approaches, you find yourself being invited to weddings, graduations, reunions and many other events. When you attend, you want to feel confident in your smile, so if you have stained teeth, then it’s time to do something about it. Thankfully, you have some great options for teeth whitening in South Huntington Station. As you continue reading, you’ll learn how you can experience smile perfection!
How Does Teeth Whitening Work?
You may wonder why your toothbrushing efforts don’t seem to make an impact of your teeth stains. The reason is that the stains have become embedded in your enamel and may even be as deep as your dentin. Thus, normal brushing can’t remove them. You’ll need professional teeth whitening to do an effective job.
Aren’t Over-the-Counter (OTC) Whiteners Effective?
Understanding that regular oral hygiene habits won’t suffice in removing stains, some people will try out OTC whiteners, but they have several limitations:
- The whitening gels provided by OTC whiteners aren’t professional strength, so your results will be limited.
- Another problem is that the trays provided won’t be custom-made to fit your mouth. Thus, you’ll have a greater chance of irritating your gums.
- Without the expert care of a trained dentist, people who use OTC whiteners may be more prone to use too much in an effort to get better results.
How Your Dentist Whitens Teeth Safely and Effectively
Your local dentist understands that everyone has different limitations on their time, so he offers various options for your whitening experience, which are:
- In-Office Whitening – For the best results, you can visit your dentist for an in-office whitening treatment. Using the most powerful whitening agents which are delivered in the safest manner, your dentist will send you on your way with a beautiful new smile in just one visit!
- Take-Home Whitening – If you like the convenience of whitening your teeth in the comfort of your home, then your dentist offers a take-home option. You’ll be given instructions on how to use your custom trays and professional-strength whitening gel to see amazing results in as little as 7-10 days.
- Sheer White Take-Home Strips – Whitening strips are some of the newest options for improving your smile, but the results with OTC brands aren’t that great. The whitening strips that you’ll receive from your dentist in South Huntington Station will deliver super results for less than what the store-bought kind cost.
Studies show that one-third of the people you meet will notice your smile before anything else. To ensure that you make the best first impression with the people you meet at your summer events, reach out to your dentist to make an appointment for teeth whitening today!
About the Author
Specially trained in Zoom! Whitening, Dr. Raj Gaur loves remaking smiles and helping his patients re-kindle their self-confidence through attaining brighter, more brilliant teeth. A graduate of New Jersey Dental School at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Dr. Gaur has nearly a decade of experience and hundreds of hours in postgraduate training. He helps patients enjoy the smile of their dreams at Dix Hills Family Dentistry and can be reached for more information through his website.
No Comments »
No comments yet.