Your Trusted Pediatric Dentist in Dix Hills, NY
We are dedicated to offering comprehensive care for patients of all ages, and that means your children receive the personalized care they need to achieve and maintain optimal oral health for a lifetime of healthy, beautiful smiles. Unlike dental practices that only offer pediatric dental care, Dix Hills Family Dentistry offers care for your child’s smile at every age and stage in development. No need to change practices once they reach their teens. Our comfortable practice and trusted dentists and staff are here for your child’s smile from day one.
Your Child’s Dental Checkup
The foundation of good oral health is preventative dental check-ups twice per year. During these preventative visits, we will examine your child’s teeth, clean and polish their teeth, and educate them on how to maintain optimal levels of oral health between visits. Some of our other preventive services for kids include:
- Dental sealants – a thin coating applied to teeth to seal out decay-causing bacteria
- Fluoride treatments – topical fluoride treatments help to strengthen tooth enamel
- Mouthguards – kids who participate in sports should protect their smiles with sportsguards, and we offer custom athletic mouthguards for your child’s optimal comfort and protection
Specialty Services for Developing Smiles
In addition to preventive dental care for your child, our board-certified pediatric dentist, Dr. Soni, has the education and experience to provide more advanced dental care for growing and developing smiles. Dr. Soni has extensive training in working with the unique behavioral challenges presented when treating children and individuals with special needs. We can also provide nitrous oxide analgesia for those who have complex treatment needs. Some of the pediatric services we offer include:
- Space maintenance appliances – If your child’s baby tooth has been extracted early due to decay, we recommend placing a space maintainer to prevent teeth from shifting and to help save space for the adult tooth.
- Dental trauma care –Unfortunately, accidents do happen. Our team is here to help guide you through any dental emergency you may face.
- Nitrous Oxide Analgesia –Before treating your child, we may determine that nitrous oxide analgesia is necessary to protect him or her and offer maximum comfort throughout treatment. Inhaled through the nose, nitrous oxide allows your child to relax and remain calm. The effects of nitrous oxide sedation are mild and wear off quickly, so your child is free to resume regular activities directly following treatment.
Find out More Today
Contact the team at Dix Hills Family Dentistry to find out more about services for kids, adults, and seniors in the Dix Hills area.